OREO CUPCAKE RECIPE
- 75g butter
- 245g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 205g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 205ml milk
- 75g crushed Oreo cookie
Serves: 12 standard cupcakes
1. Pre-heat your oven to 170’F degrees.
2. Cream the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add sugar and whisk until combined and coming away from side of bowl.
3. In a jug whisk your eggs and slowly add it to butter and sugar mix, incorporating fully before adding more.
4. Sieve flour, salt and baking powder together. Add crushed Oreos into batter.
5. Add half of dry ingredients into the batter and whisk. Add half of the milk and whisk. Alternate this one more time to combine all ingredients together. Scrape the side of the bowls to ensure everything is mixed.
5. Fill your 12-cupcake cases ¾ of the way and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
OREO FROSTING RECIPE
- 110g cream cheese, cold
- 56g butter, cold
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 5 crushed oreos (You can use a food processor for this.
Or place it in a ziploc bag and crush it by pushing down
something heavy over it.)
1. Beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy, scraping down sides of the bowl.
2. Beat the icing sugar in at low speed until fully incorporated.
3. Beat in Oreo crumbs.
4. Transfer into a piping bag / ziploc bag and refrigerate for 15 min.
When the frosting becomes hard enough to pipe, remove and start piping!
PIN THIS RECIPE!